How To Get The Perfect Red Lip
Want to master a red lip as perfect as starlets like Dita Von Teese and Marilyn Monroe?
Here are all the steps you need to apply clean, crisp, lipstick.
1. Rub away the rough, dead skin from the lip surface with a sugar lip scrub to reveal the soft lips beneath! - You can make your own lip scrub using sugar, coconut oil and honey.
2. Now that you have scrubbed off all the rough skin, treat your lips with a lip treatment to soften and plump them. - ry a lip treatment or the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream.
3. After 5 minutes, wipe off excess lip treatment with a cotton pad. Your lips are now ready for some makeup.
4. Apply some concealer around the lip line and pat in to the skin with your finger.
5. Lightly powder over the lips with some translucent powder to create a base for the lipstick.
- If your lipstick is prone to 'bleeding' use a white eyeliner around the outside of the lip line and again, pat into the lip to blend it in a bit more.
6. Use a lipstick liner in the same red colour as the lipstick you are going to use, to create a smooth, clean line around the outer rim of the lips. Now using the same liner, colour in the entire lip.
7. Blot with a tissue to remove excess moisture.
8. Apply your red lipstick over the entire lip. This can be done either with the lipstick straight to the lip or with a lip brush - whatever you are comfortable with. Blot with a tissue lightly and repeat.
-If you make any mistakes and go outside the lip line, use a cotton bud to remove the lipstick from the area and then lightly repair with concealer on a small brush.
9. Stick your finger between your lips and pull outward. (Yes, it sounds weird but it will prevent lipstick getting on your teeth!)
And there you have it!
perfect red lip, worthy of an old hollywood red carpet moment.
Do you have any special tricks for applying lipstick? Any other makeup guides you would like to see here on my blog? Comment below!