Castings Handbag Checklist
If you have a busy day going from one casting to the next you will want to be prepared and have all of the things you will need for your day.
If I have a full day of castings then I much prefer a backpack to a handbag. This is because it makes carrying a heavy bag around a lot easier. A backpack disperses the weight evenly between both shoulders so it helps prevent your shoulders from getting sore. Also a backpack is usually larger than a handbag and so you can carry more and its hands-free.
- Portfolio/iPad - To show clients your book.
- Comp Cards - Pack at least 10 as some clients might want multiple cards. Restock your cards daily to avoid running out.
- A Pair Of Heels -To change into before walking inside to the casting/go see. If you are really tall you may not need to wear heels. Ask your agency for advice.
- Mobile Phone -Stay in contact with your agency, check emails and navigate to castings.
- Portable Battery Pack - The bigger ones have dual usb outputs and can charge an iPad/tablet as well as a smart phone. This will help you to keep your devices charged.
- Entertainment - Book, Kindle, iPod. For entertainment enroute or whilst waiting to see the client.
- Healthy Snacks & a Water Bottle - Nuts, Fruit etc... Stay hydrated and keep your energy levels up.
- Micro First Aid Kit - Bandaids, Pandadol, Lip balm or Multipurpose balm, Hair ties & Bobby pins. Just in case.
- Baby Wipes - Some clients may ask you to remove your makeup at the casting.
- Comb or Travel Size Hair Brush - Brush out any tangles last minute.
- Bikini - Minimal black is best. Carry this in case the client wants to take some bikini digitals.
- Wallet - Cash, travel passes, debit cards etc... For parking, public transport or any other expenses while you are out for the day.
There may be other things you will find helpful to have with you. Just try to avoid packing things that you won't need as you will be carrying them around all day.
What do you pack in your handbag for castings? Let me know in the comment section below.